New call CIP EIP Facilitating transnational low season tourism exchanges in Europe encouraging Senior Citizens to travel
The European Commission has published a new call for proposals for the CIP Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme. Deadline for applications is 26 September 2013. The EIP call Facilitating transnational low season tourism exchanges in Europe encouraging Senior Citizens to travel (75-G-ENT-CIP-13-B-N03S01) has a budget of € 1,000,000. Please check here for further information about this call.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to facilitate transnational tourism flows of seniors within Europe in the low season with a view to:
1. Foster the demand and supply of transnational tourism for seniors;
2. Improve tourism seasonality patterns across Europe, by contributing to the extention of the tourism season;
3. Create innovative tourism packages for seniors, which will be available and sustainable after the EU co-financed period;
4. Set up and strenghten sustainable public-private European partnerships, to contribute creating a European tourism domestic market for seniors in the long term..
EIP is one of the specific programmes under the CIP and has as objectives:
• Better access to finance for SMEs through venture capital investment and loan guarantee instruments;
• Business and innovation support services delivered through a network of regional centres: The Enterprise Europe Network;
• Promotion of entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Support for eco-innovation;
• Support for policy-making that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation.