'International symposium on aquatic plants', Poznan, Poland
2012-08-27 An event entitled 'International symposium on aquatic plants' will take place on 27 to 31 August 2012 in Poznan, Poland.
Wetlands play a number of roles in the environment, principally water purification, flood control and shoreline stability. They are considered the most biologically diverse of all ecosystems, serving as home to a wide range of plant and animal life.
The conference will look at wetland and aquatic ecosystems, with particular attention paid to botanical species composition, as well as the interactions between the cycling of carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus.
The event will bring together researchers and students. Session topics will include:
- biology, ecology and distribution of aquatic plants;
- aquatic plants in biomonitoring;
- nature conservation of aquatic and riparian vegetation;
- invasive species, management and control;
- environmental management in relation to aquatic plant cover;
- aquatic vegetation and environmental relationships;
- hydrobotanical systems in waste water treatment.
Quality validation date: