New calls from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is a virtual organisation that has been established by the Department of Health to deliver the Government's R&D strategy 'Best Research for Best Health'. The strategy sets out the direction for NHS research that will build a vibrant and world-class research environment in England.
The goal of the NIHR is to create a health research system in which the NHS supports outstanding individuals, working in world class facilities, conducting leading edge research focused on the needs of patients and the public.The NHS reputation for international excellence is growing as it gains recognition for being the preferred host for collaborative and multi-centred research in the public interest in partnership with and for industry. This will benefit patients, society, the NHS and all stakeholders.
These are the latest calls of proposals:
• (new) NIHR Programme Grants for Applied Research: The closing date for applications is 15 October 2013, 13:00;
• (new) Programme Development Grants: The closing date for applications is 15 October 2013;
• (new) DH Policy Research Programme - Evaluation of Physiotherapist and Podiatrist Independent Prescribing: The deadline for full proposals is 1.00 pm, 23 July 2013;
• (new) NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) - Product Development Awards: The deadline for submission of outline applications is Wednesday 10 July 2013, 1pm;
• Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation Programme - Commissioned call: There are two deadlines for this topic, 1pm on 3 June 2013 and 1 October 2013;
• National Awareness and Early Diagnosis Initiative Research Call 3: The deadline for full project grant applications is 13 September 2013;
• NIHR Public Health Research Programme - Commissioned Research: The deadline for submissions is 1pm on 3 September 2013;
• NIHR Health Technology Assessment Programme - Commissioned call for proposals: The deadline for submission of outline proposals is 29 August 2013 by 1pm;
• NIHR Health Technology Assessment Programme - Primary care research Commissioned calls: The deadline for submission of outline proposals is 29 August 2013 by 1pm;
• Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation Programme - Researcher-led workstream: The closing date for outline applications is 10 July 2013, 1pm.
For further information and documents please check the latest calls for proposals at the website of the NIHR.