New call CIP EIP European Design Innovation Platform
The European Commission has published a new call for proposals for the CIP Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme. Deadline for applications is July 2, 2013. The EIP call European Design Innovation Platform (76-G-ENT-CIP-13-C-N05S00) has a budget of € 2,850,000. Please check here for further information about this call.
The objective of this call is to accelerate the take-up of design in innovation policies at European, national and regional levels and to promote the increased use of design in European industry as well as in the public sector to promote value creation, competitiveness and efficient use of resource. In particular, emphasis is put on closing the divide between the advanced regions and those lagging behind in applying design-driven innovation.
EIP is one of the specific programmes under the CIP and has as objectives:
• Better access to finance for SMEs through venture capital investment and loan guarantee instruments;
• Business and innovation support services delivered through a network of regional centres: The Enterprise Europe Network;
• Promotion of entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Support for eco-innovation;
• Support for policy-making that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation.