'International conference of junior researchers in Mediterranean and Near Eastern languages and cultures', Madrid, Spain
2012-11-22 The 'International conference of junior researchers in Mediterranean and Near Eastern languages and cultures' will take place from 22 to 23 November 2012 in Madrid, Spain.
The event will seek to help with the creation of a multidisciplinary framework for discussion and reflection focusing on the study of written or oral works produced in the areas bordered by the Mediterranean Sea.
The forum will highlight the various methodological approaches applied to research in the fields of humanities. Topics will include:
- philological studies: linguistics, textual criticism, literary analysis;
- studies on the material media;
- indirect or literary sources (palaeography, transmission and translation);
- direct or documentary sources (papyrology and epigraphy);
- social and cultural history;
- transmission and evolution of thought;
- construction and crisis of identities.
Quality validation date: