Alzheimer's - Alzheimer's Research UK grants 2019
The Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK) invites applications for different grant schemes. Deadline for submitting proposals is January 23, 2019. ARUK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity specialising in finding preventions, causes, treatments and a cure for dementia. ARUK has a large number of different grant schemes through which researchers can apply for funding. Funding is between £ 20,000 and £ 1,000,000.
Researchers can apply for:
- Research Fellowship: up to three years and funding covers salary and research and travel costs. These costs are for up to £ 20,000 per annum;
- Major Project: a maximum of £ 1 million and last up to five years;
- Senior Research Fellowship: up to four years with the possibility of a one year extension. Funding is up to £ 420,000 to cover fellow salary, support staff and running costs;
- Clinical Research Fellowship: up to three years. Funding for salary at Specialty Registrar level or equivalent university scales and a contribution up to £ 20,000 per annum toward research, animal and travel costs;
- Interdisciplinary Research Grant: up to £ 250,000 over a period of three years for high quality research projects. This scheme can cover salaries (research, technical, students etc.), equipment, animal costs and running costs (consumables, travel etc.);
- Network Cooperation: up to £ 100,000 for a maximum period of two years to cover staff salaries, equipment, animals, running costs, or any combinations of these;
- Network Accelerate Scheme: maximum of £ 250,000. Funding covers staff salaries, equipment, animals, running costs, or any combinations of these.