Weekly new calls from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) October 19, 2012
The National Institutes of Health's (NIH) mission is to seek fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce the burdens of illness and disability. It is the largest source of funding for medical research in the world, creating hundreds of thousands of high-quality jobs by funding thousands of scientists in universities and research institutions around the world.
These are the weekly NIH funding opportunities of October 19, 2012:
• Interdisciplinary Approach to Identification and Validation of Novel Therapeutic Targets for Alzheimer's Disease (R01): Letter of Intent Due Date December 17, 2012;
• Alzheimer's Disease Prevention Trials (R01): Letter of Intent Due Date December 17, 2012;
• Alzheimer's Disease Phase I Clinical Trials (R01): Letter of Intent Due Date December 17, 2012;
• Dynamics of Host-Associated Microbial Communities (R01): Letter of Intent Due Date December 14, 2012;
• Secondary Dataset Analyses in Heart, Lung, and Blood Diseases and Sleep Disorders (R21): Application Due Date(s) February 20, 2013; February 20, 2014; February 20, 2015; February 19, 2016 , by 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization.
For more active Requests for Applications (RFAs) and Program Announcements (PAs) please click here.