Prader-Willi-Syndrome - FPWR Research Funding
The Foundation for Prader-Willi Research (FPWR) invites applications for innovative research relevant to Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). Deadline for submitting Letters of Intent is March 1, 2018. FPWR is particularly interested in supporting projects that will lead to new interventions to alleviate the symptoms associated with PWS. Funding is up to $ 100,000 in direct costs for one year of support, with the possibility of a second year of support following competitive renewal.
Indirect costs of up to 8% are allowed. Priority will be given to the following areas of research, although alternative areas of high scientific merit will also be considered:
- Genotype to phenotype: understanding PWS genetics / how loss of PWS-critical region genes leads to the phenotype;
- Neurobiology of hunger / feeding behavior in PWS;
- Neurobiology of cognitive deficits, maladaptive behavior and mental illness in PWS;
- Clinical care research: evaluation of existing drugs and interventions to improve health and quality of life in PWS;
- Therapeutics development for PWS- Genetic therapies; novel pharmaceuticals; drug repurposing for PWS.