Call for European-Chinese joint research projects open (€ 260,000)
The research funding organisations of NWO, Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR France), Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG Germany), the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC UK) have launched the call for European-Chinese joint research projects. Deadline for submitting proposals is December 3, 2013. This new multi-lateral collaboration with the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC China) consists of a joint research programme on two basic societal challenges:
The Green Economy:
• The 'greenness and dynamics of economies';
• Metrics and indicators for a green economy;
• Policies, planning and institutions (including business) for a green economy;
• The green economy in cities and metropolitan areas;
• Consumer behaviour and lifestyles in a green economy;
Understanding Population Change:
• Changing life course;
• Urbanisation and migration;
• Labour markets and social security dynamics;
• Methodology, modelling and forecasting;
• Care provision;
• Comparative policy learning.
Proposals are invited for research projects within the priority themes that are particularly promising if undertaken by multinational teams with participation from China and Europe. Proposals for comparative research which is highly multidisciplinary and involves participation of non-academic research users, where appropriate, are particularly welcome. NWO funds up to € 1.4 million. The maximum budget requested for a Dutch project is € 260,000.