Ataxia - Kyle Bryant Translational Research Award 2017 ($ 500,000)
Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA) accepts proposals for its annual Kyle Bryant Translational Research Award. Deadline for submission of Letters of Intent is May 15, 2017. Proposals must focus on pre-clinical and clinical investigations that will advance treatments for Friedreich's Ataxia (FA). The applicant may request a budget of up to $ 250,000 per year for one or two years.
The specific aims must target one or more of the following:
- Identification of biomarkers for FA that will elucidate disease variability, severity, and prognosis; facilitate drug screening, and/or optimize selection of patients and clinical endpoints for clinical trials;
- Development of tools and technologies that can:
- be directly used for therapy development,
- overcome existing obstacles to treatment, and
- be directly applied to, or adapted for, delivery of potential therapeutics;
- Pre-clinical development and testing of potential therapeutics, biologics, and devices in cells and animals;
- Clinical studies of patient outcome measures, potential interventions, or devices.
Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance supports research through funding competitive grants, promoting collaboration among scientists, advocating for public-private partnerships that support drug discovery, drug development and clinical research and hosting open forums for leading scientists to share their insights, ideas and challenges to advancing treatments for FA.Terug naar overzicht