Israel - Weizmann Visiting Professors Program
The Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel invites applications for its Visiting Professors Program. The deadline for submitting applications is December 31, 2012. The following Visiting Professorships are available for the academic year 2013-2014:
• The Weston Visiting Professorships: established by Mr. G. H. Weston, United Kingdom, to attract outstanding scientists from all countries to conduct scientific research at the Weizmann Institute;
• The Erna and Jakob Michael Visiting Professorships: established by the Michael Family for the purpose of attracting outstanding scientists in all areas of contemporary research to the Weizmann Institute;
• The Joseph Meyerhoff Visiting Professorships: established by the late Mr. J. Meyerhoff of Baltimore, Maryland. Its purpose is to attract outstanding scientists to the Institute, in all areas of contemporary research, for the purpose of research and teaching;
• The Rosi and Max Varon Visiting Professorships: program at the Weizmann Institute is designed to attract outstanding scientists to the Institute, in all areas of contemporary research;
• The Morris Belkin Visiting Professorship: established by Mrs. Helen M. E. Belkin for the purpose of attracting outstanding scientists in all areas of contemporary research to the Weizmann Institute.
The Visiting Professorships are awarded for a period of from two months to a maximum of one year and may include financial remuneration and/or round trip airfare (at the cheapest direct commercial fare) and/or rent free housing. Outstanding scientists from institutions of higher learning and research institutions, who have achieved appropriate recognition in their fields of activity and who hold the rank of Full Professor (or an equivalent rank) in their home institutions may apply.