United Arab Emirates - Zayed Future Energy Prize ($ 4 million)
Masdar invites applications for the Zayed Future Energy Prize. Deadline of submissions is August 5, 2013. This annual award celebrates achievements that reflect impact, innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability. Entries are invited in the categories of large corporation, small and medium enterprise (SME), non-governmental organization (NGO), the individual lifetime achievement and global high schools.
The Zayed Future Energy Prize is an annual US$ 4 million award, devided as follows:
• Large Corporation: Recognition award;
• Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME): US$ 1.5 million;
• Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO): US$ 1.5 million;
• Lifetime Achievement Award: US$ 500,000 - Candidates for the Lifetime Achievement Award must be nominated by a second party to be eligible;
• Global High School Prize: US$ 500,000 divided amongst 5 regions with each school awarded up to US$100,000 (Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania).