New call CIP EIP - Supporting public procurement of innovative solutions
The European Commission has published a new call for proposals for the CIP Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme. Deadline for applications is May 28, 2013. The EIP call Supporting public procurement of innovative solutions - ENT-CIP-13-N02C00 has a budget of € 6,300,000. Please check here for further information about this call.
Public procurement bodies are invited to submit high-quality proposals for collaborative, cross-border projects, on the format of "buyers' groups" of innovative solutions - PPI PILOTS -, that improve the economic framework conditions for innovation and thereby contribute to smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. In more concrete terms, project proposals that clearly demonstrate how public procurement bodies will act, during the project, as launch customers for innovative goods or services which are not yet available on a large-scale commercial basis.
EIP is one of the specific programmes under the CIP and has as objectives:
• Better access to finance for SMEs through venture capital investment and loan guarantee instruments;
• Business and innovation support services delivered through a network of regional centres: The Enterprise Europe Network;
• Promotion of entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Support for eco-innovation;
• Support for policy-making that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation.