First call ERANET CAPITA open
ERANET CAPITA has published its first call of proposals. Deadline of this call "Innovative catalysis for the monetization of low value carbon" is August 5, 2013. Its aim is to fund innovative, transnational, R&D projects related to Applied Catalysis and Catalytic Reaction Engineering within its thematic priority. Priority will be given to proposals considering the topics:
• Light alkanes valorisation; CO2-utilization; Biomass efficient catalytic conversion into biofuels, platform molecules and fine chemicals; Sustainable chemical processes;
• Using techniques such as: Thermal catalytic reactions; Electrocatalytic reactions; Photochemical reactions; Photoelectrochemical reactions.
The following ministries and funding agencies will finance the call; there is no funding from the European Union:
• Greece General Secretariat for Research & Technology (GRST);
• Flanders Agency for Innovation by Science and Technology (IWT);
• Spain Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO);
• Italy Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Universita' e della Ricerca (MIUR);
• The Netherlands The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
Applicants must form project consortia in which a minimum of three and a maximum of six partners originating from a minimum of two countries will participate. These consortia will consist of a principal proponent and up to five further partners and must be governed by a formal Consortium Agreement. Only organisations that will be able to receive funding as partners in projects will be those eligible to receive public funding from their own national or regional funding agencies. These are typically universities and research centres, however, in some cases industrial organisations can also be funded.