New call CIP EIP transnational thematic tourism products
The European Commission has published a new call for proposals for the CIP Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme. Deadline for applications is July 2, 2013. The EIP call 'Supporting the enhancement and promotion of sustainable transnational thematic tourism products' (70-G-ENT-CIP-13-B-N03S04) has a budget of € 1,500,000. Please check here for further information about this call.
The objective of this call is to support the enhancement and promotion of sustainable transnational thematic tourism products contributing to the development and promotion of sustainable tourism in Europe by improving their visibility and market uptake. And to contribute to the creation of an environment favourable to transnational co-operation among tourism-related stakeholders with a particular emphasis on the SMEs.
It aims at:
1) Strengthening trans-national cooperation, with regard to sustainable tourism;
2) Encouraging a higher involvement of small and micro enterprises and local authorities;
3) Stimulating competitiveness of the tourism industry by means of an enhanced focus on the diversification of sustainable tourism thematic products.
EIP is one of the specific programmes under the CIP and has as objectives:
• Better access to finance for SMEs through venture capital investment and loan guarantee instruments;
• Business and innovation support services delivered through a network of regional centres: The Enterprise Europe Network;
• Promotion of entrepreneurship and innovation;
• Support for eco-innovation;
• Support for policy-making that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation.