Future topics IMI 2 fifth Calls for proposals
The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) has published six topics that are under consideration for inclusion in the fifth Calls for proposals, that probably will be launched June 30, 2015 under IMI 2. The submission start date is also June 30. The submission deadline is scheduled for September 29, 2015.
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the call:
• Patient perspective elicitation on benefits and risks of medicinal products from development through the entire life cycle, for integration into benefit risk assessments by regulators and health technology assessment bodies;
• Diabetic kidney disease biomarkers (DKD-BM);
• Inflammation and Alzheimer’s disease (AD): modulating microglia function – focussing on TREM2 and CD33;
• Understanding the role of amyloid biomarkers in the current and future diagnosis and management of patients across the spectrum of cognitive impairment (from pre-dementia to dementia);
• Evolving models of patient engagement and access for earlier identification of Alzheimer’s disease: phased expansion study;
• Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) biology to validated Alzheimer’s disease targets.
All information above is indicative and subject to the approval of the IMI 2 legislative package and the agreement of the IMI Governing Board on the Call topics.
The goal of the IMI 2 programme is to develop next generation vaccines, medicines and treatments, such as new antibiotics. It will build on the successes and lessons learnt under IMI's first phase. As before, it will bring together companies, universities, public laboratories, innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), patient groups and regulators in collaborative projects that will pave the way for breakthrough vaccines, medicines and treatments to tackle Europe’s growing health challenges, and secure the future international competitiveness of Europe’s pharmaceutical industry.